Hello, all! I’ve been finding a lot of homemade beauty recipes on Pinterest lately, and one that keeps getting “pinned” is the cracked foot cure that involves Listerine and shaving cream. Since I always have trouble keeping my feet smooth after pedicures and the such, I decided I would try this!
I am somewhat disappointed with the results. It’s supposed to make your feet really soft, but it barely did anything to my feet. I’ll give you the recipe and maybe you all can try it and let me know if it works for you!
1. Take equal parts listerine (or the off-brand) and water and mix them into a bowl or just your sink if you have a stopper. I used a cup of each.
2. Now, rub shaving cream on the bottom of your feet. (I use the 3rd towel to wipe my hands clean and to put under my feet when I’m rubbing them with the shaving cream)
3. Soak the towels in the Listerine solution and wrap them around each foot.
4. Leave the towels around your feet for 30 minutes. If you’re busy and can’t sit around for 30 minutes like me, you can put each towel-wrapped foot into plastic baggies, that way if you need to move, you can without leaving Listerine water everywhere!
5. Take the towels off of your feet and scrub them.
6. Apply your favorite moisturizer
Couldn’t get a good before or after picture of my feet, so here’s one of them mid-soak!